Pages

The Page of Opportunity

Thursday 2 April 2015

The idea of a blank page can be a little daunting. There’s nothing there. No words. No life. No anything.

That’s one way of putting it. Lately, I’ve been trying to think of a blank page as The Page of Opportunity where: 
  1. There are no rules.
  2. The page is a space to grow and craft my own world.
  3. I can untie my imagination, let it loose and not care about the consequences.
  4. That space of nothingness is for me to do whatever I want.
Sometimes it really is better to just write. Ignore the blank page. Make a character up, throw them into a situation and see what they do. You might not get anywhere with that character or story but you have to write in order to know.  Well, at least that’s the case for me.

Basically, the empty page isn’t a threat. It’s a starting point. A place to bloom.

The same goes for this blog – hello!

Post a Comment